Hello students . You are studying error calculation of unit-2 , Unit & Measurement . For your practice , answer the following questions with in two days .
Guidelines for submission of your answersheet:-
- Answer every question in plain white paper
- You can type your answer
- You can take a clear picture of your answer or make a PDF before submission .
- Choose the images of the answer or PDF from your desktop or mobile and submit it in the comment section below the post .
- You can upload all images or PDF all together
Error Calculation :: Paper – 01
- The percentage error in the distance (125.0 + 0.5) cm is .
(A)4 % (B) 0.04 % (C) 0.4 % (D) 40 % (2)
- When a current of (2.5 + 0.5) A flows through a wire, it develops a potential difference of (20 + 1)V. The resistance of the wire is
(B) (8 ± 1.5)Ω (B) (8 ± 1)Ω (C) (8 ± 0.5)Ω (D) (8 ± 2 )Ω (2)
- Two resistors of resistances , R1 = (100 ±3 )Ω and R2 = (200 ± 4) Ω are connected in series . Find the equivalent resistance of the series combination . (2)
- The temperature at 7AM is ( 27.0 ± 0.5 ) °C and at 11 AM , it is ( 52.5 ± 0.5 )°C . Find the rise in temperature . (2)
- The mass of an object is (225 ± 0.05) g . Calculate % error in this measurement.(2)
- The length, breadth, and thickness of a block of metal were measured by a student in practical lab . The measurements are:
l = (5.250 ± 0.001) cm
b = (3.450 ± 0.001) cm,
t = (1.740 ± 0.001) cm.
Find the volume of the block with percentage error in the measurement of the volume of the block. (3)
- The refractive index (μ) of a glass slab were found to have values 1.29, 1.33, 1.34, 1.35, 1.32, 1.36, 1.30, 1.33. Find the mean absolute value of μ , the percentage error . Express the value of μ with error correction . (3)
- If the volume of a cylinder is V = (0.785 ± 0.008)cm2 and mass m = ( 6.25 ± 0.01) g. Find the density and the percentage error in determination of density .(3)
- In Ohm’s experiment, the values of an unknown resistance were found to be 4.12 Ω , 4.08 Ω, 4.22 Ω and 4.14 Ω . Calculate absolute error, relative error and percentage error in these measurement.(3)
- The acceleration of a car is given as , a = ( 2 ± 0.01) m/s2 . Find the velocity of the car in a time period , t = (10 ± 0.01)s . Also find the percentage error in the measurement of velocity . (3)
4 thoughts on “XI-Unit & Measurement :: Error Calculation -Paper no-01”
Sir I have doubt in question no.2 and options are same.
Sir, I have answered all the questions related to errors..
Sir I got confused in question number 10
Sir I have done the numerical related to Error Calculations but I got confused in number 10.