- Total marks-25 Total time-1hour
Set A(Each question carries 1 mark)
01. Write down the properties of electric charge
02. Draw the diagram of electric lines of force due to thin sheet of charge
03. What is an equipotential surface?
04. Give the resistance of a resistor with colour code of red black green silver
05. How mobility of charge carriers is related to temperature?
Set B(Each question carries 2 marks)
01. Give the difference between polar and nonpolar dielectrics.
02. find the expression for torque acting on an electric dipole placed in a uniform electric field.
03. Explain the two laws of kirchoff laws with diagram
04 . Find the expression for capacitance of parallel plate capacitor
Set C(each question carries 3 marks)
01. Express coulomb’s law in vector form
02. Using gauss theorem find an expression for electric field due to the hollow sphere at a point outside and on its surface
03. Find expression for electric potential due to an electric dipole at any point
04. Using the concept of drift velocity establish ohm’s law