Practice paper for class XI
Topic SolidNCERT 11 solid (1)
Total marks 25 Total time-1hour
Set A (each question carries one mark)
01. What is 1 tesla?
02. Give the dimensional formula of permeability
03. What is the resonance condition of cyclotron?
04. What is an ideal voltmeter?
05. State gauss law in magnetism.
Set B (its question carries 2 marks)
01. How a galvanometer can be converted into an ammeter? Explain with diagram
02. Define the magnetic elements of earth
03. Find expression for torque acting on a bar magnet placed in a uniform magnetic field
04. Give the difference between diamagnetic and paramagnetic substance
Set C(Each question carries 3 marks)
01. Using ampere’s circuital law find expression for magnetic field due to solenoid.
02. Find expression for magnetic field at the axial point of a current loop
03. Find the expression for force acting between two parallel current carrying conductor in the same direction.
04. Find expression for magnetic moment due to an revolving electron what is Bohr magneton?
- Total marks-25 Total time-1hour
Set A(Each question carries 1 mark)
01. Write down the properties of electric charge
02. Draw the diagram of electric lines of force due to thin sheet of charge
03. What is an equipotential surface?
04. Give the resistance of a resistor with colour code of red black green silver
05. How mobility of charge carriers is related to temperature?
Set B(Each question carries 2 marks)
01. Give the difference between polar and nonpolar dielectrics.
02. find the expression for torque acting on an electric dipole placed in a uniform electric field.
03. Explain the two laws of kirchoff laws with diagram
04 . Find the expression for capacitance of parallel plate capacitor
Set C(each question carries 3 marks)
01. Express coulomb’s law in vector form
02. Using gauss theorem find an expression for electric field due to the hollow sphere at a point outside and on its surface
03. Find expression for electric potential due to an electric dipole at any point
04. Using the concept of drift velocity establish ohm’s law
Total mark -36
Total time -90 minutes
Each question carries carries 3 marks
Q1- Obtain the relation between angle of minimum deviation for a prism and its refractive index .
Q2- Draw the ray diagram for reflecting type telescope . Write down advantages of reflecting type telescope over refracting type telescope .
Q3- define critical angle . Write down the condition for total internal reflection .What is optical fibre .
Q4-Write down Huygens principles . Draw the diagram for wavefront due to a point source.
Q5- Prove that for destructive interference path difference between the two light waves should be odd integral multiple of λ/ 2.
Q6- State Malus law . Prove that when light is incident at polarising angle on a reflecting surface angle between reflected and refracted light is 90 º
Q7- Draw a ray diagram for Davission and Germer experiment . Write down few uses of de Broglie’s hypothesis.
Q8- State Bohr’s postulate . Write down its failures .
Q9- Draw and explain binding energy curve.
Q10- Explain the working of zener diode as voltage regulator
Q11- Give the Boolean expression and truth table of NAND gate . How OR gate can be obtained from NOR gate and NAND gate ?
Q12- Define the following terms :- noise , attenuation and modulation .